Built in 1944, by Sagstad Shipyard of Seattle, Washington as the LT-188 for the United States Army.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug was renamed as the Island Navigator.
In 1960, Island Tug and Barge was acquired by McAllister Towing of New York, New York. Where the company became a subsidy of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug initially retained her name.
The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Isla, and then as the Pablo. She was reportedly sold to interests in Hong Kong. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown.