Built in 1914, at Vancouver, British Columbia as the Quinitsa.
The tug was later acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug was renamed as the Island Planet.
In 1960, Island Tug and Barge was acquired by McAllister Towing of New York, New York. Where the company became a subsidy of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug initially retained her name.
The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown.