Built in 1910, at Howe Sound, British Columbia as the Hopkins.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug was renamed as the Island Rover.
In 1960, Island Tug and Barge was acquired by McAllister Towing of New York, New York. Where the company became a subsidy of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown.