Built in 1910 by Arthur Moscrop at Vancouver, British Columbia as the Respond for William Gardner of Victoria, British Columbia.
In 1926 tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Where she initially retained her name.
In 1945, she was renamed as the Island Trooper .
In 1960, Island Tug and Barge was acquired by McAllister Towing of New York, New York. Where the company became a subsidiary of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal, Canada.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug initially retained her name.
In 1970, the tug was sold and renamed as the Buttercup .
In 1979, she was acquired by D.M. Bell of North Vancouver, British Columbia. Where her name was reverted to Island Trooper .
The tug is no longer in documentation, her current and or final disposition is unknown.