Built in 1939, by Liberty Drydock of Brooklyn, New York (hull #36) as the J. Raymond Russell for Russell Brothers Towing Company (Newtown Creek Towing Company) of New York, New York.
In 1963, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Muriel McAllister.
In 1975, she was acquired by the Gaelic Tugboat Company of Grosse Isle, Michigan. Where the tug was renamed as the Kinsale.
The tug was acquired later by the American Tugboat Company of Charleston, South Carolina. Where she retained her name.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 525 horsepower.