Built in 1979, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #470) as the Seaboard for the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Company of Richmond, Virginia.
In 1986, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Nancy McAllister.
Powered by two, EMD 16-645-E6 diesel engines. With Reintjes WAV2250 reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.947:1. She is twin screw tug, outfitted with kort nozzles. For a rated a 4,000 horsepower.
Her capacities are 42,000 gallons of fuel oil, 410 gallons of lube oil and 3,500 gallons of potable water
The towing equipment consists of a New England Trawler 1451, 25 horsepower, 440 AC capstan mounted on her stern. She is also outfitted with two fire stations, rated at 150 Gallons Per Minute.