Built in 1921, at Pocomoke City, Maryland as the James J. Murray.
In 1939, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1947, she was acquired by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Port Richmond; Staten Island, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
She is no longer in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 180 horsepower.