Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
JOHN E. McALLISTER (1891)

Built in 1891, at Charleston, South Carolina as the John Harlin.

In 1915, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the John E. McAllister.

In 1934, she went out of documentation. And the tug was scrapped. She was single screw, rated at 300 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: JOHN E. McALLISTER (1891)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 077003
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Year Built: 1891
  • Length: 95.0
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 7.4
  • Hull Breadth: 19.4
  • Gross Tonnage: 79
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    John Harlin, John E. McAllister
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    McAllister Bros. Towing