Built in 1901, by John H. Dialogue and Sons of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #379) as the Lanape for the H.P. Dilkes Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1937, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1946, she was acquired by Canadian interests. Where the tug was renamed as the E.F. Johnson. Then as the Good News, and then as the Trident Star.
She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,000 horsepower.