Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
MARS

Built in 1898, by Spedden Shipbuilding of Baltimore, Maryland as the Vidette for the United States Army Corps of Engineers.

The tug was was later acquired by the P.F. Martin Company of Philadelphia. Where she was renamed as the Mars.

In 1948, the P.F. Martin Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name

In 1958, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 300 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: MARS
  • USCG Doc. No.: 252061
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: Spedden Shipbuilding
  • Year Built: 1898
  • Length: 99.1
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 10.0
  • Hull Breadth: 21.0
  • Gross Tonnage: 158
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Vidette, Mars
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Army Corps of Engineers, P.F. Martin Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.