Built in 1889, at Brooklyn, New York as the Robert H. Sayre.
The tug was later renamed as the Sayre.
In 1915, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the McAllister.
In 1921, the tug was acquired by the Jersey City Stockyards of Jersey City, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Staunton.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.