Built in 1959, by P.K. Harris Limited of Appledore, England as the Salvage Monarch for Pyke Salvage and Navigation Company of Kingston, Ontario.
In 1964, she was acquired by McAllister Towing and Salvage of Montreal, Quebec. A subsidiary of the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1997, she was acquired by the LeGroupe Ocean Company of Quebec. Where she retained her name.
In 2002, the tug was acquired by the Heritage Harbour Marine Company of Goderich, Ontario. Where she retained her name.
However, the tug was chartered to the Norlake Transportation Company of Port Colborne, Ontario. When the charter expired, the tug was returned to the Heritage Harbour Marine Company of Goderich, Ontario. Where the tug was "laid up" at Toronto, Canada.
In 2011, she was acquired by Toronto Drydock Limited of Toronto. Where the tug retained her name. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,320 horsepower.