Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
STAMFORD
Pictured as: the Stamford Photo by: Ian Boyle

Built in 1951, by as Levingtson Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas (hull #464) as the Thomas Tracy for the Avondale Towing Line of New York, New York.

In 1971, the tug was acquired by Red Star Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Stamford.

In 1977, the Red Star Towing Company was acquired by the Hess Oil Corporation of New York, New York. To form the Spentonbush-Red Star Companies of Brooklyn, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1989, the Spentonbush-Red Star Companies were acquired the Amerada Hess Oil Corporation of New York, New York. Establishing the Amerada Hess Oil Corporation's marine division.

In 1998, the tug was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Portland Tugboat and Shipdocking Company of Portland, Maine. Where the tug retained her name.

In 2001, the Portland Tugboat and Shipdocking Company was acquired by the McAllister Towing and Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 2012, the tug was acquired by Island Trader Shipping Company in Guyana, where she retained her name. She was a single screw tug, rated at 3,000 horsepower.
(Captain Christopher Roehrig, Captain Brian Fournier, Robert Silva)


  • Vessel Name: STAMFORD
  • USCG Doc. No.: 261833
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 8036055
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDC5575
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 464
  • Ship Builder: LEVINGSTON SHIPBUILDING
  • Year Built: 1951
  • Length: 99.8
  • Hull Depth: 12.1
  • Hull Breadth: 27
  • Gross Tonnage: 256
  • Net Tonnage: 7
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Thomas Tracy, STAMFORD
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    TRACY TOWING CORP., Red Star Towing Co., Spentonbush-Red Star Co., Amerada Hess Corp. (Hess Oil Corp.), Portland Tugboat and Shipdocking Co., MCALLISTER TOWING AND TRANSPORTATION CO INC