Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
ST. HELEN

Built in 1903, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the Frank Steers for the Steers Sand and Gravel Company of New York, New York.

The tug was later acquired by the Hamburg American Packet Shipping Company of Hoboken, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Hamburg-American Line No. 2.

She was eventually acquired by the United States Quartermaster Corps. Where she was designated at the A.T.S. Tug No. 2.

The tug was later sold. Where she was renamed as the Donald D.

She was later acquired by the Amboy Towboats Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the St. Helen.

In 1937, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.

In 1950, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 150 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: ST. HELEN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 200449
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: A.C. Brown and Sons
  • Year Built: 1903
  • Length: 60
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 7.6
  • Hull Breadth: 17.8
  • Gross Tonnage: 52
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Frank Steers, Hamburg-American Line No. 2, A.T.S. Tug No. 2, Donald D., St. Helen
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Steers Sand & Gravel Co., Hamburg American Packet-Shipping Co., United States Quartermaster Corps., Amboy Towboat Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.