Built in 1908, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the W.M. J. Conway for the Stanwood Towing Company of Stanwood, Michigan.
However, the Stanwood Towing Company later renamed the tug as the Stanwood No. 1.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1958, she went out of documentation. Her current and, or final, disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 200 horsepower.