Built in 1941, by Kingston Shipbuilding of Kingston, Ontario (hull #19) as the K-162 (Sudbury) for the Royal Canadian Navy.
In 1946, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Sudbury.
In 1960, the tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. A subsidy of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal, Canada. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1967, she was scrapped.