Built in 1919, by the Leathem D. Smith Towing and Wrecking Company of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (hull #1086/2786) as the Ox for the United States Shipping Board.
She was later acquired by the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed as the Claremont.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Teresa McAllister.
In 1953, she was dismantled. The tug was single screw, rated at 450 horsepower.