Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
THEO LEE

Built in 1906, by Robert Palmer and Sons of Noank, Connecticut as the P.J.T. Co. No. 8 for Panama Railroad Company of Panama City, Panama.

The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Charles A. McCaffery.

The tug was later acquired by the Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Theo Lee.

In 1944, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1947, the tug was abandoned. She was single screw, rated at 600 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: THEO LEE
  • USCG Doc. No.: 203387
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: Robert Palmer and Sons
  • Year Built: 1906
  • Length: 101.1
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 12
  • Hull Breadth: 25
  • Gross Tonnage: 197
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    P.J.T. Co. No. 8, Charles A. McCaffery, Theo Lee
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Panama Railroad Co., Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.