Built in 1941, by Equitable Equipment of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #139) as the Maj. George H. Harrell for the United States Army.
In 1948, the tug was redesigned as the George H. Harrell.
She was later sold, and renamed as the Bergen.
The tug was later acquired by the Russell Brothers Towing Company (Newtown Creek Towing Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Russell 18.
In 1961, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where initially the tug retained her name.
In 1963, the McAllister Brothers Towing Company renamed the tug as the Ann McAllister.
In 1978, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.