Built in 1889, by the Neafie & Levy Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #319) as the Asa W. Hughes.
In 1952, she was acquired by the Independent Pier Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed as the Triton.
In 1980, the Meyle Towing Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1989, she was acquired by an individual named J.D. Broome of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Where the tug was renamed as the Navajo.
The tug was eventually acquired by the Service Welding and Shipbuilding Company of Lemont, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the Robin E.
In 2010, the Service Welding and Shipbuilding Company where the tug was renamed as the Denise E.
In 2011, she went out of documentation.
In 2013 she was scrapped.
She was a single screw tug rated at 1,200 horsepower.