Built in 1912, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #451) as the Caspian for the P.F. Martin Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1948, the P.F. Martin Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Although, the Caspian was not included in the acquisition.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by the Independent Pier Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed as the Trojan.
In 1983, the Independent Pier Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1989, she was acquired by an individual named J.D. Broome of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Where the tug was renamed as the Cherokee.
The tug was eventually acquired by Service Welding and Shipbuilding of Lemont, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the Denise E.
In 2010, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,080 horsepower.