Built in 1898, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Wilmington, Delaware (hull #295) as the Valley Forge for the Reading Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1937, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1947, the tug was sold. She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,000 horsepower.