Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
W. FREELAND DALZELL

Built in 1875, at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the Indian for the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Company of Richmond, Virginia.

In 1883, the tug was acquired by Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the W. Freeland Dalzell.

In 1898, the tug was reacquired by the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Company of Richmond, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Indian.

In 1915, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the W. Freeland Dalzell.

In 1930, she was sold. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown.


  • Vessel Name: W. FREELAND DALZELL
  • USCG Doc. No.: 100168
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Year Built: 1875
  • Length: 76
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 9.5
  • Hull Breadth: 18.2
  • Gross Tonnage: 81
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Indian, W. Freeland Dalzell
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad Co., Dazell Towing and Transportation Co. (New Haven Transport Co.), McAllister Bros. Towing Co.