Built in 1904, by M.M. Davis and Son of Solomons, Maryland as the Marion Cameron for the Agnus Cameron Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Southern.
She was later acquired by the Card Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the William Card.
In 1944, the Card Towing Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1947, the tug was dismantled. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.