Built in 1909, by Edward E. Barrett of Brooklyn, New York as the William McAllister for the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1921, the tug was acquired by Edward E. Barrett of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Edward E. Barrett.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 400 horsepower.