Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
WILLIAM SIMMONS

Built in 1926, by A.C. Brown and Sons of Tottenville, New York as the William Simmons for Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Company of New York, New York.

In 1953, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1962, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower


  • Vessel Name: WILLIAM SIMMONS
  • USCG Doc. No.: 225344
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: A.C. Brown and Son
  • Year Built: 1926
  • Length: 83.0
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 10.3
  • Hull Breadth: 24.1
  • Gross Tonnage: 133
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    William Simmons
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Simmons-Lee Lighterage and Transit Co, McAllister Bros. Towing Co.