Built in 1946, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #262) as the tug Coral Sea for the Petro and Cities Service Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
However, she was operated by the Interstate Oil Transportation Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania until 1951. Servicing a charter for the Steuart Transportation Company of Piney Point, Maryland.
She was later acquired by the Valentine Oil Transfer Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1951, the tug was acquired by the Russell Brothers Towing Company (the Newtown Creek Towing Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Russell 17.
In 1960, she was acquired by Dalzell Towing and Transportation (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzellatlas.
In 1965, Dalzell Towing was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Donal G. McAllister.
In 1968, she went out of documentation. And In 2003, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw, rated at 1,200 horsepower.