Built in 1916, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Port Richmond, New York (hull #675) as the Magnolia for the Magnolia Petroleum Company of Corsicana, Texas.
The company was founded on April 24th, 1911 as a consolidation of several earlier companies. The Standard Oil Company of New York, New York (Socony Company) exchanged its stock for all of the Magnolia Petroleum Company stock in December of 1925.
Although the company continued to operate as an affiliate of the Socony Company. However in 1959, the Magnolia Petroleum Company was fully incorporated into the Mobil Oil division of the Socony Company.
The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Hermes.
She was later acquired by the Bisso Towboat Company of Luling, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Cecilia Bisso.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,700 horsepower.