Built in 1945, by the Consolidated Shipbuilding Corporation of Morris Heights New York as the YTB-541 (Ozette) for the United Stated Navy
The tug's keel was laid down on February 20th, 1945. She was launched on May 14th, 1945. And, commissioned as the YTB-541 (Ozette) October 31st, 1945.
She was assigned to the 1st Naval District at Boston, Massachusetts. Where the tug provided harbor services there until 1949. When she was reassigned to the Advanced Bases, Atlantic, an area of operation that kept her busy until 1958. When the tug returned to Boston, Massachusetts.
In 1962, the tug was redesignated as the YTM–541 (Ozette). Where she continued to operate at Boston, Massachusetts until 1970.
In 1970, she was struck from the Naval Register. Where she was "disposed of by transfer to other Government Agencies, States. Schools, Sea Scouts." Where she was renamed as the Dirigo.
In 1980, the tug was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Port Allen.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 2,400 horsepower.