Built in 1943, by the Canulette Shipbuilding Company Incorporated of Slidell, Louisiana as the Port Hudson for the United States Maritime Commission.
Her keel was laid down on December 31st, 1941. The tug was launched June 17th, 1942. And she was delivered to the United States Maritime Commission on April 26th, 1943.
In 1945, the tug was transferred to the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YTB-724 (Wabaquasset).
In 1946, she was acquired by the Crescent Towing and Salvage Company Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Port Hudson.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 3,000 horsepower.
(NavSource Online, Birk Thomas)