Built 1952 by Arnold V. Walker Shipyard of Pascagoula, Mississippi. However, construction was completed by the G.B. Zigler Company of Jennings, Louisiana. As the Z-Twelve for the G.B. Zigler Company of Jennings, Louisiana.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by Sun Oil Transport Incorporated of Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Chesapeake Sun.
In 1982, she was acquired by the Hays Tug and Launch Company of Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Where the tug was renamed as the Grape Ape.
In 2004, the tug was removed from active service. And, scrapped at the Hays Tug and Launch Company's yard at Chester, Pennsylvania.
Powered by two GM 12-567 diesel engines. She was a twin screw, square bow push boat rated at 1,800 horsepower.