Built in 2000, by Main Iron Works Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana (hull #409) as the Matthew K. for the Bay Houston Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
At the time of her construction, extra beam was added to her hull for an improved measure of stability, particularly in "escort mode."
She was also, the first tractor tug, and the most powerful harbor tug to operated in the state at the time of her completion, and entry into service.
Along with the Suderman and Young Towing Company of Houston, Texas. The Bay Houston Towing Company is part of a combined operating company, the G and H Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
In 2011, the G and H Towing Company became part of a joint venture between the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Serving the Cameron LNG facility near Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Powered by two, EMD 12-645 E7 diesel engines, with Ulstein 1650 "z-drives." For a rated 4,300 horsepower.