Built in 1957, by Gulfport Shipbuilding Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #505) as the Barbabra George for the Bay Houston Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
Along with the Suderman and Young Towing Company of Houston, Texas. The Bay Houston Towing Company is part of a combined operating company, the G and H Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
In 2003, the tug was acquired by Navalmax Combustibles of Tampico, Mexico. Where she was renamed as the Sanson.
She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,700 horsepower.