Built in 1944, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #238) as the Chicomico for the YT-378 (Chicomico) for the United States Navy. However, prior to her launch the tug was redesignated YTB-378 (Chicomico)
The tug was launched, on June 10th, 1944. And delivered to the United States Navy. Where she was placed into service as YT-378 (Chicomico). The tug was assigned to Service Force, Pacific. In 1946, the tug was "laid up" in the Pacific Reserve Fleet, San Diego Group in San Diego, California.
In 1957, she was withdrawn from reserve fleet and reactivated. She was allocated to the 6th Naval District. And, in 1962 she was redesignated as the YTM-378 (Chicomico). It is unknown when she was placed out of service, and struck from the Naval Register.
In 1967, the tug was acquired by the Bay Houston Towing Company of Houston, Texas. Where the tug was renamed as the C. Haden Masterson.
In 1989, she was acquired by the Resolve Marine Group of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Resolve II.
She was a powered by a single diesel electric engine. For a rated 1,000 horsepower. However, she was later converted to a diesel engine. For a rated 1,700 horsepower.