Built in 1944, by Gulfport Shipbuilding Incorporated of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #238) as the YT-378 (Chicomico) for the United States Navy.
However, prior to her launch, the United States Navy re designated the tug as the YTB-378 (Chicomico)
The tug was launched on June 10th, 1944 and delivered to the United States Navy. Where she was placed into service as YT-378 (Chicomico). And, was allocated to Service Force Pacific. In 1946, the tug was "laid up" in the Pacific Reserve Fleet, San Diego Group in San Diego, California.
In 1957, she was withdrawn from the reserve fleet, and reactivated. And was allocated to the 6th Naval District.
in 1962, the tug was re designated as the YTM-378 (Chicomico). It is unknown when she was placed out of service, and struck from the Naval Register.
In 1967, she was acquired by the Bay Houston Towing Company of Houston, Texas. Where the tug was renamed as the C. Haden Masterson.
Along with the Suderman and Young Towing Company of Houston, Texas. The Bay Houston Towing Company is part of a combined operating company, the G and H Towing Company of Houston, Texas.
In 1989, the tug was acquired by the Resolve Marine Group of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Resolve II.
The tug was a powered by a single, diesel electric engine, rated at 1,000 horsepower. She as later converted to a diesel engine, rated at 1,700 horsepower.