Built in 1914, by the Betlehem Steel Company of Port Richmond at Staten Island, New York (hull #636) as the Bristol for the Staples Transportation Company of New York, New York.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the Bouchard Transportation Company of Melville, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1958, she was acquired by an individual named James McWilliams. The tug went out of documentation later that year. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 900 horsepower.