Built in 1943, by the Levingston Shipbuilding Company of Orange, Texas (hull #278) as the AT-120 for the United States Navy.
In late 1942, the hull was redesignated by the United States Navy as the ATR-42.
The hull was launched 1943. She was redisignated by the United States Navy as the BATR-42. However, the vessel was never placed into active service with the United Stated Navy.
On May 3rd, 1943. The vessel was transferred to the Royal Navy of the United Kingdom. Where she was commissioned into the Royal Navy as the HMS Aspirant (W-134). Where she was placed in active service the Mediterranean Sea during World War II.
On March 20th, 1946. She was returned to the United States Navy. On May 1st, 1946 she was was struck from the Naval Register. On November 18th, 1946 the vessel was transferred to the Maritime Commission for disposal or Commercial Service.
In 1947, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Aspirant.
In 1948, the tug was acquired by Office d’Exploitation des Trasnports Coloniaux (Otraco) of Matadi, in Bas-Congo province of Africa. Where she renamed as the Vivi.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. Powered by a triple-expansion, reciprocating steam engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.