Built in 1943, by George Lawley and Sons of Neponset, Massachusetts (hull #1301) as the DPC-13 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
The was later transferred to the United States War Shipping Administration. Where she was redesignated as the WSA-20.
She was later acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the Dixie.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1968, the tug was acquired by Evelyn Berman of Berman Towing Enterprises Incorporated of Staten Island, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Samantha. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.