Built in 1936, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas as the E.M. Black for D.M. Picton and Company of Port Arthur, Texas.
In 1963, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
She was later acquired by the Belair Picton Company of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1993, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.