Built in 1919, by Leathem D. Smith Shipbuilding of Green Bay, Wisconsin (hull #2804) as the Salem for the United States Shipping Board.
In 1920, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Eugene F. Moran.
In 1946, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Susan A. Moran.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.