Built in 1943, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #204) as the BAT-2 for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on May 29th 1942. On September 30th, 1942 the tug was reclassified as the AT-146. She was launched on October 23rd, 1942. And, reclassified as Rescue Ocean Tug ATR-90 on January 5th, 1943.
In 1943, she was commissioned as the USS ATR-90.
In 1944, the tug was reclassified as Auxiliary Fleet Tug ATA-146.
The tug was decommissioned on July 10th, 1946 and transferred to the Maritime Commission October 17th, 1947. On October 31st, 1947 she was transferred under the Security Assistance Program to Argentina, where she was renamed as the ARA Yamana (A6).
In 1947, the tug was returned to the United States Navy as the (ATA-146) Maricopa. Where she was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Eugene F. Moran.
In 1949, she was acquired by Crowley Marine Services of San Francisco, California. Where the tug was renamed as the Sea Ranger.
In 1985, the tug was sunk as part of a missile exercise. Powered by two, GM 12-278A diesel-electric engines. With a single, Fairbanks Morse reduction gear. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,900 horsepower.