Built in 1943, by Consolidated Shipbuilding of Morris Heights, New York (hull #3158) as the DPC-91 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
The tug was later transferred to the United States War Shipping Administration. Where she was redesignated as the WSA-14. However, the tug was never used.
She was then acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was renamed as the Gannet.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1959, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the James T. Moran.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by the Tarpon Terminals Company of Clearwater, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the Osceola.
In 1994, she was acquired by Eastern Marine Equipment Incorporated of Newport News, Virginia. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by Diversified Environmental Services Incorporated of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Katherine Anne.
In 2011, she was acquired by Ocean Barges and Tug Logistics of Port St. Lucie, Florida. Where the tug retained her name. However, she is no longer listed in domestic documentation. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.