Built in 2016, by St. Johns Shipbuilding of Palatka, Florida (hull #60) as the Baltimore for the Vane Brothers Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
Designed by Frank Basile of Entech and Associates of Houma, Louisiana. She was the third Elizabeth Anne class tug constructed for the Vane Brothers Company.
Named for the city of Baltimore, Maryland. Which was founded in 1729. Baltimore is the second largest seaport in the Mid-Atlantic. Baltimore's Inner Harbor was once the second leading port of entry for immigrants to the United States and a major manufacturing center. The city also hosts the corporate headquarters of the Vane Brothers Company.
Powered by two, Tier III compliant, Caterpillar 3516C, diesel engines. With Reintjes WAF 873 reverse, reduction gears. At a ratio of 7:1, turning two, 104(in), Troost style, fixed pitch propellers. For a rated 4,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, Tier III compliant, 99kW, John Deere 4045AFM85 generator sets. The tug's capacities are 85,972 gallons of fuel, 495 gallons of hydraulic oil, 1,324 gallons of lube oil, and 8,816 gallons of potable water.
Her towing gear consists of an INTERcon, double-drum, towing winch. Driven by a dedicated, John Deere diesel engine.