Built in 1956, by Parker Brothers and Company Incorporated of Houston, Texas (hull #24) as the Harbor Queen for the Harbor Docking and Towing Company of Westlake, Louisiana.
In 1969, the tug was acquired by the Capitol Towing Company of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1976, the tug was acquired by the River Parishes Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the St. John.
In 2007, the River Parishes Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2016, the tug was acquired by the Geo Gradel Company of Toledo, Ohio. Where she was renamed as the George Gradel.
Originally powered by a single GM 16V/149 diesel engine. With a Twin Disc reduction gear, at a ratio of 6:1. She was originally rated at 1,800 horsepower. The tug was repowered In 1979. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 2,400 horsepower.
(Dan Owen, Isaac Pennock)