Built in 1940, by the Pusey and Jones Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware (hull #1077) as the H.S. Falk the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by the St. Phillip Coastal Towing Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the A.P. St. Phillip.
The company would later be owned by George Steinbrenner. Who also owned the New York Yankees. Under that ownership, the company became the Bay Transportation Company of Tampa, Florida.
In 1998, the Bay Transportation Company was acquired by Hvide Marine Incorporated of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the St. Petersburg.
In 2000, Hvide Marine Incorporated was acquired by Seabulk Towing Services Incorporated of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2006, she was acquired by Vinik Marine Incorporated of Keyport, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Charles Oxman. Named after a college professor that assisted Vinik Marine Incorporated founder, and owner. Mike Vinik in his studies of chemistry.
In 2016, the tug was scrapped at Staten Island, New York. She was originally powered by a single steam engine. The tug was later redesigned, and outfitted with a sixteen cylinder ALCO diesel engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 3,600 horsepower.
(Chris Scarborough, Paul Strubeck)