Built in 1952, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #339) as the Capmoore for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
In 1964, the tug was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. An affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Hawkins Point.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2002, she was acquired by the Eastern Towboat Corporation of Charlestown, Massachusetts. Where the tug was dismantled for parts.
The tug was eventually scrapped at Providence, Rhode Island. Powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,750 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Dave Boone)