Built in 1899, by Peter L. Colon of Jersey City, New Jersey as the John Fleming for the Steers Sand and Gravel Company of New York, New York.
In 1909, the Steers Sand and Gravel Company renamed the tug was the J. Rich Steers.
In 1936, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1938, the tug was acquired by an individual named James Hughes. Where she was renamed as the Dillon Girls.
In 1944, she was lost. The tug was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.