Built in 2007, by Washburn and Doughty Associates of East Boothbay, Maine (hull #89) as the The Eleanor F. Moran for the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut.
She was the thirteenth tractor tug built for the Moran Towing Corporation by Washburn and Doughty. And, the twenty-first tractor tug placed in service to the Moran Towing Corporation.
Powered by two, twelve cylinder, EMD L12-645-F78 diesel engines. With two Schottel SRP 1215 FP "z-drives." Outfitted with two 2400(mm), stainless steel, propellers. For a rated 5,100 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two Tier II complaint, 99kW/120/208 VAC, three phase, Marathon , generators sets. With automatic paralleling capabilities. The tug's capacities are 29,587 gallons of fuel, 2,166 of fresh water, 2,324 gallons of lube oil, and 14,001 gallons of ballast.
The tug's fire fighting equipment has a capacity of 5,280 Gallons Per Minute. At a distance of 394(ft) and, a height of 148(ft). The tug is outfitted with eight fire stations along the main deck, and a deluge sprinkler system to protect the tug and crew with a protective, cooling water mist that allows the tug to work safely closer to a fire source. Driven by by two Caterpillar 3412C diesel engines rated at 900 horsepower. Driving two Nijhuis HGTFI-1-250.500 pumps.
Her deck equipment consists of a Markey DEPC-48, electric hawser winch mounted on her bow. And, a Markey model CEWC 60 electric, stern hawser capstan mounted on her stern.