Built in 1919, by Lurders Marine Construction of Stamford, Connecticut as the Harbor Tug No. 74 for the United States Navy.
In 1920, the United States Navy redesingated the tug as the YT-74.
In 1922, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Margaret A. Moran.
In 1950, the tug was scrapped. Powered by a single cylinder, noncondensing type engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.