Built in 1939, by the Navy Yard at Mare Island of Vallejo, California (hull # YT 133) as the YT-133 (Narkeeta) for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on September 29th, 1938. She was launched on the of May 4th, 1939. She was commissioned, and placed into service as YT-133 (Narkeeta) on June 16th, 1939. The tug was was allocated to operations under the 11th Naval District.
In 1944, the United States Navy redesignated the tug as the YTM-133 (Narkeeta).
It is unknown when she was placed out of service. The tug was struck from the Naval Register on November 21st, 1946. And, she was transferred to the United States Maritime Commission on June 2nd, 1947 for disposal.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the North Point.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1973, the tug was acquired by Express Marine Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Alert.
In 1997, she was acquired by Robbins Maritime Incorporated of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she retained her name.
In 2008, the tug was acquired by the Commonwealth Marine Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she retained her name.
In 2009, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,600 horsepower.
(Dave Boone, NavSource Online)